“Brian’s experience in managing pension schemes in both the financial service and retail sectors mean he will hit the ground running, delivering value to his clients from the outset. An expert understanding of investment strategy is increasingly a core skill for trustees and one of which Brian has an abundance.”
Brian is a chartered accountant by training and has worked in the pension industry for over 12 years.
Prior to joining LawDeb he worked in-house managing pension scheme investment strategy for Marks & Spencer and more recently Santander (UK). In these roles he delivered on complex objectives and implemented strong governance frameworks.
- Brian developed risk management systems and a governance framework for both Trustee and Sponsor (a Bank) to manage the assets and liabilities of an £11.5bn scheme.
- He managed the strategic asset allocation, fund manager appointments & review, investment risk & performance management and management of the Scheme’s Investment Committee’s workload and agenda for a scheme with assets of £10.5bn
- He ensured good governance of a large retailer’s scheme by working closely with the Scheme’s Investment Advisor, Scheme Actuary, fund managers and also the Scheme’s Investment Committee.
Professional roles and qualifications
- Chartered Public Finance Accountant (qualified 1994)
- Investment Management Certificate achieved in 1999
- Chartered Financial Analyst Charter holder (qualified 2005)