Mark Ashworth chairs the trustee boards and board committees of several major schemes and represents Law Debenture on the board of a number of other schemes.
Mark has experience of a wide range of schemes and employers, gained in more than 15 years with Law Debenture, and has experience of most situations facing trustees.
- Chairing trustee boards and sub-committees
- Times of change for sponsors (including sponsors facing difficult times) and for schemes (including changes to benefits; closure; wind-up)
- All aspects of investment, including de-risking and LDI
- Defined contribution schemes – chairing the DC committees for several large DC schemes and the governance committee for a large contract-based scheme
- Scheme governance and operational issues
Mark worked as an economist with the Institute for Fiscal Studies before qualifying and practising as a barrister. He then moved to NatWest where he worked in various legal and company secretarial roles before becoming Head of Group Pensions. Mark joined Law Debenture in 2001, and now chairs the pensions practice.
Mark served as president of the Society of Pension Consultants from 2006-2008. Mark is also a governor of The Pensions Policy Institute.