What past colleagues say
Areas of expertise
Sean's 10 year career as an actuary followed by 12 years as an investment professional means he has developed a deep understanding of the investment needs of pension schemes and how to work with advisers to deliver on them.
His various COO roles have seen him develop his skills in all areas of operations including governance, a great asset for any pension trustee.
The combination of actuarial and investment background is a sound basis for pension trusteeship.
- As a Pensions Actuary, provided Trustees with advice regarding their DB liabilities and DC scheme structure; executed asset/liability matching/investing and winding up of DB schemes.
- Led all phases of operational and financial development of investment/asset manager and fund, including start-up phase and ongoing operational, financial, legal, information technology and compliance requirements.
- Experienced across multiple asset classes – equities, fixed income (rates and credit), hedge funds, private equity, real estate (credit and equity) and multiple jurisdictions.
- Worked with a number of Lloyd's Syndicates - assisted with treasury, reporting (asset exposure versus liabilities, investment, finance, compliance) and currency exposure management across multiple asset classes – fixed income being the principal asset class.
Sean's other positions
- Non-executive, Vendian-Covenant Hospitality Partners, LLC
Professional roles and qualifications
- Certificate in Company Direction (IOD) (2014)
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (FIA) (2005)