Pegasus - Your Pensions Executive
We observed that as defined benefit pension schemes became a legacy issue, in-house pension teams became widely under-resourced. Increased regulation and complexity put further pressure on these limited resources. In our experience, this has meant greater reliance on more expensive advisers and/or members of the trustee boards to deliver across a spectrum of activities from routine governance and secretarial tasks through to strategic projects. We felt that we could provide more cost effective solutions to this challenge.
Since its incorporation in 2018, Pegasus has grown to a team of 10 highly experienced pensions executives from a range of professional pensions backgrounds including consulting, in-house pensions executive teams (financial institutions and other sectors), master trust and administration management roles. The team has extensive experience working with small multi-million to large multi-billion pound schemes on the trustee as well as corporate side.
Owing to the team’s varied backgrounds, collectively there are few situations facing pension schemes of which we do not have experience. This combined with the infrastructure, training, working methods and internal controls afforded to us by being part of the wider Law Debenture Group, means that our clients benefit from high quality, relevant solutions and cost-effective delivery.
|We draw upon the breadth and depth of experience across our team, and from wider industry insight, to ensure that our services remain relevant and that we embed best practice in the schemes we support.|
|We tailor our services to our clients’ needs and actively engage with them and their teams, including advisers, to shape and deliver bespoke solutions.|
|This invariably involves working flexibly as circumstances evolve and requirements change during the course of our appointments.|
|We are committed to consistently delivering quality and cost-effective solutions to our clients.|
We are typically engaged to:
- lighten the load on trustees, sponsors or the existing pensions executive team - this may be to address short term or longer term resourcing needs
- provide independent specialist support on strategic, governance and operational issues
- evaluate and enhance the value-add from advisers and suppliers
- drive forward and provide over-sight for key projects
- act as an interim or permanent trustee’s or corporate’s pensions executive arm
Our services are designed to meet a common goal:
To deliver a well thought out strategy supported by strong governance and efficient operations.
This, coupled with an effective trustee board and a team of quality advisers, would deliver value for money and better outcomes for trustees, corporate sponsors and members.
Our role and services can be tailored to be as broad or specific as required to match the requirements of the trustee board or the in-house team we are working with.
How we help our clients deliver on the following:
- Developing long term journey plans including de-risking strategy
- Strategic review of governance and pensions resourcing model
- Change projects management/oversight
- risk transfer via buy-in/buy-out and longevity swap
- member exercises
- selection and transition of advisers/suppliers
- data and GMP projects
- DC investment transitions
- Developing and delivering tools, policies and procedures to:
- manage risk and demonstrate internal controls
- assess trustee effectiveness
- review adviser/supplier performance
- select new trustees
- assess and deliver TKU needs
- Meetings cycle management
- Secretarial services
- Budgeting and cost control
- Contract management of suppliers and advisers
- Resolution of complex member cases including IDRPs and discretions
- Process review and improvement
To discuss how we could help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The team has stepped into a high profile pension scheme of significant size and complexity and comfortably taken on all of the challenges presented.”Secretary to the Trustees, Royal Mail DC Pension Plan