What is a Process Agent?
A Process Agent is required when executing an international transaction if one or more of the parties involved does not have a physical presence or address within the jurisdiction where the transaction is taking place.
An example of a typical arrangement involving a process agent is where an overseas entity raises a loan from an institution. The lending institution will require the overseas entity to appoint an English process agent to whom they can deliver court proceedings in the unfortunate event that the entity defaults on that loan.
A process agent can act in a broad capacity for a company and/or individuals, including but not limited to; acting as a process agent for court actions, receiving documents in connection with arbitration proceedings and receiving notices under contracts where an independent party is needed.
It is recommended that each party without a presence or representation in the jurisdiction in question appoints a process agent. Service at the address of said process agent then constitutes service for legal procedures.
How to appoint LawDeb?
To appoint LawDeb, please complete our short form on the right or below to download the relevant documents, alternatively contact us on the numbers and emails below.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7696 5997; Fax: +44 (0) 20 7696 5262
Why choose LawDeb?
LawDeb provides process agent services under the following jurisdictions; England & Wales, New York, Hong Kong, Ireland and Jersey.
Our speed and responsiveness make us the UK’s leading process agent. You can call us at any time, Monday to Friday for a fast and flexible service.
- 24/5 availability—our global offices provide availability throughout the day are and all are able to appoint in any of our jurisdictions.
- Knowledgeable team—our experts have a combined experience of over 100 years.
- Reliability—we serve clients in over 200 countries, including high profile individuals, major businesses, banks and law firms.
- No hurdles—our straightforward appointment letters mean you are up and running in no time (once we have confirmed the appointment).
- Competitive pricing—fill in our SOP form below for a full list of our fees.
- Language coverage – through our global offices we can easily support English, Spanish, Mandarin and Cantonese speakers.
We also act as ISDA Process Agent
An ISDA process agent acts on behalf of one of the two parties engaged in an ISDA Master Agreement; a document which sets out standard terms for all transactions, including those in different jurisdictions and currencies, entered into between those parties.
Appoint LawDeb Today
Simply enter your details to download our process agent appointment form and scale of fees.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7696 5997
|Email the United Kingdom Office SOP@lawdeb.com||Email the New York Office SOPNY@lawdeb.com||Email the Dublin Office Ireland@lawdeb.com||Email the Jersey Office SOP@lawdeb.com||Email the Hong Kong Office SOPHK@lawdeb.com|