Andrew joined LawDeb in June 2017 from Aberdeen Asset Management where he was Head of Fixed Income Product Specialists.
Prior to that Andrew held senior roles at BlackRock/BGI, notably Managing Director Multi-asset Client Solutions and Head of UK LDI Strategy. Andrew worked with some of the UK's largest pension funds during his 27 years as an investment professional which is where he developed a deep understanding of the work of pension trustees.
- Andrew contributed significantly to the design, implementation and ongoing servicing of sophisticated strategies for many of the UK’s largest pension funds.
- He drove the LDI business at an industry leader from the very early days of rates and inflation hedging through to modern liability aware dynamic multi-asset and income generating solutions.
- Andrew’s impact during his various secondments to trustee subgroups was so positive that some were extended from initial planning of flightpath through to buyout.
- Andrew has managed strategic client relationships as well as having extensive experience of portfolio management and investment strategy, emphasising derivatives and risk management, and covering a broad spectrum of asset classes.
- Gained the Pension Management Institute’s Level 3 Certificate in Pension Trusteeship in 2017.
- Awarded a BSc (Joint Honours) in Mathematics and Management from King's College and an MSc in Operations Research from the London School of Economics.