What colleagues say
Areas of expertise
Andrew has managed strategic client relationships as well as having extensive experience of portfolio management and investment strategy, emphasising derivatives and risk management, and covering a broad spectrum of asset classes.
Andrew has worked with some of the UK’s largest pension funds during his time as an investment professional which is where he developed a deep understanding of the work of pension trustees, often in situations involving an overseas sponsor.
- Andrew recently chaired a large UK pension fund through a re-organisation exercise
- Andrew contributed significantly to the design, implementation and ongoing servicing of sophisticated strategies for many of the UK’s largest pension funds
- He drove the LDI business at an industry leader from the very early days of rates and inflation hedging through to modern liability aware dynamic multi-asset and income generating solutions
- He worked closely with BlackRock’s fiduciary business during his time there and currently works with an industry task force seeking to introduce reporting standards into fiduciary management
- Andrew’s impact during his various secondments to trustee subgroups was so positive that some were extended from initial planning of flightpath through to buyout
Andrew in the news
Professional roles and qualifications
- Gained the Pension Management Institute's Level 3 Certificate in Pension Trusteeship in 2017
- Awarded a BSc (Joint Honours) in Mathematics and Management from King's College and an MSc in Operations Research from the London School of Economics