Areas of expertise
Gerry has extensive experience of pension trusteeship. Before joining Law Debenture he was the Chief Executive of Royal Mail Pensions Trustees Limited and whilst at Royal Mail he served as chair, trustee and committee member on all its pension schemes.
Currently Gerry is appointed to act as chair of trustees, independent trustee and sole trustee for a number of our schemes. This includes DB, DC and hybrid schemes ranging in size from under £1m to £1.7bn.
His strengths lie in his in-depth understanding of pension issues, investment strategies and funding strategies. He has also been involved in auto-enrolment schemes, benefit restructuring employer covenant review, member communications, stakeholder relationship management, trustee training and adviser selection.
- Played leading role in agreeing transition of a large DC to a master trust
- Led trustee board to successfully agree a Regulated Apportionment Arrangement that enabled the employer to find a new owner
- Played leading role in managing pension liability legacy in run up to privatisation
- Chair of three DB schemes with assets of £8m to £98m in the food & beverage, banking and investment industries
- Chair of three DC and hybrid schemes including a technology company scheme
- Independent Professional Trustee on an additional five schemes ranging from £35m to £1.7bn
Gerry in the news
Professional Pensions - How trustees can save a DB scheme in a crisis
Professional roles and qualifications
- Previously Vice President of the Pensions Management Institute
- Member of the Pensions Research Accountants Group Executive Committee
- Pension Fund Investment Forum Advisory Committee (including chairmanship) and National Association of Pension Funds Investment Council.
- A trustee of PMI Staff Pension Scheme