Work With Us
We are always on the lookout for outstanding candidates to join our trustee director team. We would love to hear from you if you are:
- A professional individual with the experience and gravitas to win the trust of sponsors and trustee boards
- Bringing extensive pensions knowledge (ideally gained at least in part as a trustee)
- Committed to being a trustee, having completed the Trustee Toolkit and preferably having begun or completed the Pensions Management Institute’s Award in Pension Trusteeship
- Interested in committing to LawDeb’s City-based team earning a salary rather than paying franchise fees
- Seeing the role as a phase in your career, not a way of easing into retirement, with an expected time horizon of at least six years.
Our eighteen trustee directors have backgrounds in accountancy, actuarial work, banking, investment/fund management, multinational company finance roles, pensions administration and pensions law equipping the team with a wealth of technical knowledge and experience. We are currently particularly interested in candidates with insurance or investment backgrounds.
At LawDeb we see pension trusteeship as a career and are committed to training our people. We do not expect you to bring clients with you but would expect you, over time, to support the development of our business. Our structure means we are able to support your development as a trustee through working with our existing clients alongside experienced trustee directors.
We also have a specialist pensions management team who support the work of our trustee directors.
If you are interested in finding out more about working at LawDeb as trustee director please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced pensions professional within the Pensions Executive Team at Pegasus, working alongside our team providing trustee board secretarial services, pensions management duties and supporting, or in some cases leading, on a varied range of projects.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a busy, highly professional environment and is able to manage their work in achieving tight, sometimes competing, deadlines.
This job will be office based, located in the London office and is in the heart of the City of London.
Duties will include:
1. Scheme secretarial services
- Planning/organisation—liaising with chair/trustees/in-house pensions manager
- Member communication—trustee newsletters/SFS
- Annual report and accounts—co-ordination to sign off
- Liaising with providers and advisers on behalf of the trustee board
- Routine governance support—including budgeting, maintaining business plans/risk registers, annual returns etc.
2. Pensions management and projects
- Communication with members and specific member enquiries/assisting with determination of individual discretionary benefit decisions/IDRP cases
- Governance projects e.g. trustee effectiveness, provider service reviews and procurement projects
- Liaising with regulatory bodies / online filings
- Projects—varying levels of involvement, as required—from specific input to project management role (e.g. implementing investment strategy, scheme de-risking and wind-up projects).
- Networking, maintaining and developing external relationships to support business growth
- Assistance with development of marketing content—service brochures, case studies, blog content
- Assistance with invoicing and other aspects of the client commercial relationship (e.g. client agreements)
- Developing processes and internal controls for the team and LawDeb clients
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced pension professional. We are looking for:
- High-integrity collaborative player
- Confident, flexible self-starter
- Working experience of all types of occupational pension schemes/knowledge of pensions market (gained from a minimum 10-15 years of working in pensions arena)
- Attention to detail (an essential part of the role is preparing good-quality, concise, minutes for timely sign-off)
- Good communication/interpersonal skills at all levels
- Up-to-date with pensions technical and industry developments
- APMI or equivalent professional qualification
Salary and benefits
In return for these skills we offer a competitive starting salary, to reflect experience and knowledge and pay reviews based on contribution. We also operate a profit sharing scheme.
Our benefits include 25 days holiday (increasing to 30 days with service), defined contribution pension scheme, life assurance of 6x salary, private health insurance and interest free season ticket loan.
We are also committed to providing an enjoyable working environment with good work life balance. Hours of work are 9:30 to 5:30 Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch each day, although flexibility is likely to be needed to cater for workloads.
Send your CV to email@example.com
We often work with select organisations to deliver the best outcomes for our clients. If you would like to work with LawDeb please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.