"Edward’s experience of strategic thinking and delivery will no doubt be an asset to our clients who are looking for functional and innovative ways to deliver on their pension promises. Edward joins a commercially-minded team where his experience of working for large UK organisations will benefit us all"
Edward recently joined LawDeb Pension Trustees from Aviva plc where over 11 years he held senior executive roles with a focus on strategy.
His detailed knowledge of the insurance, pensions and asset management markets in the UK and the trends that influence their future development, combined with his early career as a consulting actuary for pension schemes gives him an in-depth understanding of the challenges faced by pension schemes in the UK today.
Worked closely with Boards and Group Executives in corporate roles in financial services, predominantly on shaping strategic issues
- Group Strategic Projects Director and Group Strategy Planning Director at Aviva
- Previous strategic and governance roles at Abbey National plc and Lloyds TSB Group, including establishing FSA liaison function at Abbey
- Pensions experience from actuarial roles at William M Mercer Fraser Ltd and Punter Southall Kerr & Co which he joined at the firm’s inception in 1988
- Board experience in not-for profit organisations as Treasurer of a race equality charity and Secretary and Joint Treasurer of a Housing Association that operates a residential home for elderly people
Edward in the news
Professional Pensions - Law Debenture expands trustee team
Professional roles and qualifications
- MA in Mathematics from Cambridge University
- MBA from London Business School
- Qualified as an actuary in 1988