Charlotte has responsibility for the on boarding and execution of both new issue and post-issue capital markets, banking and projects transactions on which Law Debenture acts as Bond/Security Trustee, Delegate, Security Agent etc.
Charlotte was previously a Managing Associate in the Corporate Trustee team at Linklaters LLP, having qualified as a solicitor there following the completion of the training contract in 2013. During her time at Linklaters, Charlotte advised corporate trustees, paying agents and other third party service providers on a large variety of new money financings and post-issuance transactions including:
- Vanilla debt capital markets bond and medium term note programmes;
- Equity-linked, corporate hybrid and regulatory capital issuances;
- Islamic finance and loan participation notes, including the Government of Sharjah’s first sukuk programme and a U.S.$300m LPN issuance for Domodedovo Moscow Airport;
- Liability Management transactions;
- Covered Bonds, securitisations (e.g. CMBS, RMBS and whole business) and warehousing transactions;
- Repackagings, CLNs and other structured finance products, including advising the trustee and agents on the establishment of the Single Platform Investment Repackaging Entity SA Secured Note Programme which was the first single issuer, multi-dealer repackaging programme;
- Project bonds, renewables transactions, secured lending and other loan facilities, including the refinancing of Dover Harbour Board through both loan financing and bond issues; and
- Exercise of trustee powers, duties and discretions, amendments to bonds and restructurings and potential and actual defaults.
The volume and diversity of work Charlotte has undertaken to date has given her strong commercial awareness and a sophisticated understanding of the motivations and concerns of corporate trustees and agents in the market.