Mike joined from PS Governance Services where he was a Scheme Manager. In this role he supported a portfolio of defined benefit, defined contribution and hybrid occupational pension schemes with complex benefit structures.
He brings with him over 30 years’ experience in the pensions industry, for both in-house arrangements and third party pensions consultancies.
Following an in-house role at the Automobile Association, Mike joined Lane Clark & Peacock as a Consultant where he remained for 11 years until he moved to Punter Southall (now known as PS Governance Services.)
He has extensive experience in providing wider services such as:
- The provision of scheme secretarial duties, organising and attending trustee meetings, drafting and presenting papers for trustee board consideration and the production of meeting minutes
- Maintaining and extending relationships with trustee boards, pensions managers, employer representatives, the Pensions Regulator and scheme-related advisers
- Completion of a recent major corporate transaction exercise for a large national media organisation; involvement in periodic investment strategy reviews; various de-risking projects and a pensioner buy-in exercise; closure of schemes to future accrual; a flexible apportionment exercise; transferring a scheme into the Financial Assistance Scheme; managing scheme wind ups, covenant assessment exercises and transitioning a DC arrangement to a new provider
- Assisting with the production of trustees’ annual reports and accounts, drafting annual member newsletters and scheme booklets, administration guides and scheme governance documentation
Professional roles and qualifications
- Pensions Regulator Trustee Toolkit
- Member of the Pensions Management Institute (‘DipPMI’)
- Chartered Insurance Institute Certificate of Insurance Practice (‘CIP’)